- MarketCycle utilizes a unique and proprietary system that uses low volatility global diversified assets. What we hold is based entirely on what part of the market cycle we are currently experiencing.
- Most positions are held for intermediate & long periods of time.
- Our forte is in monitoring for high risk periods and in knowing what assets to be invested in throughout the complete market cycle.
- We alternately utilize global stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, convertibles, preferred-shares, REITS, Trusts, ETFs and Closed-End-Funds (CEFs). We generally hold lower risk assets.
- Our stock exposure never exceeds 100%. In an economic-recession (as in 2000 & 2008), our stock exposure can drop to as low as 20% (and will mostly be in defensive sectors).
We maintain 5 PORTFOLIO types:
- MINIMAL RISK with MINIMAL TAX: Designed to capture roughly 75% of the up move of the stock market with only around 25% of the downside and with minimal capital gains taxes (which only come from occasional rebalancing). It acts almost like a low cost annuity… without all of the ‘fine print’ investor traps and high fees (front and back-end).
- INCOME: Generates extremely high income while maintaining growth potential.
- CONSERVATIVE: Lower risk and moderate growth potential. Good for investors that can withstand some fluctuations in account value.
- MODERATE: Moderate risk in exchange for higher growth potential. Good for young investors with current employment income or for wealthier individuals with other available funds. Most of my personal money is in this portfolio.
- SPECULATIVE: Leveraged portfolio, but still contains some risk control.